Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Coin Operated II

We finally caught Kevin's episode of Modern Marvels this past Friday night!  There was a marathon on as we were drifting off to sleep, and I coughed and woke myself up and happened to hear them talking about coin operated machines.  I knew that was the subject of the episode, so I grabbed the remote and looked at the title, and sure enough that was it!  So I hit record on the ol' DVR and woke Kevin up to tell him.  Sadly, we both fell back asleep before his segment came on.  That's what chasing an 11 month old around all day will do to you.  We did pull it up on the DVR the next morning and, to my surprise, he actually appears a lot in the segment, with close ups and everything!

For those that didn't know, during a visit to Wegman's last August we stopped by the wine vending machine to grab a bottle for the evening.  There was a television crew there blocking everything, so we lingered around since we really didn't want to make a separate run to the liquor store for wine.  I assumed it was a local news crew, so I really wasn't shy abouting hiding the fact that I was annoyed with having to wait.  A few minutes later a very well dressed woman came over to us to tell us they were almost finished, and then she mentioned they were looking for volunteers to go on camera and purchase wine from the machine.  Turns out there were filming a segment for Modern Marvels on the History Channel!  I declined, as I felt I wasn't dressed presentably enough to appear on a major TV show, but Kevin was happy and excited to do it!  They filmed him entering his information, breathing into the breathalizer, and selecting the wine.  They took our info down and said they would call with the airing date, which they said would be in November.  Well, we never heard anything and just assumed he didn't make the cut, and we really never thought any more about it.  Then we got a phone call that a family friend saw him on TV, and with a little research we discovered that the episode had aired November 15, 2010.  They never called.

We were searching the guide on our tv programming for the episode to see if it would be on again, but we were able to find anything.  Until now!  I can't believe it!  I've been searching online for a video of the episode but have had no luck.  I will post it if I ever find it.

No comments:

Post a Comment