Tuesday, January 18, 2011

A Little History

I guess I should have created this little ongoing project last year when Michaela arrived, instead of doing it close to her first birthday (more on that later).  Of the many things I've learned over the past year one of them is that things usually don't happen the way you plan or want, so I'll just say this is one of those times.  I'll have to play a little catch-up, so that I can give current updates to our family and friends.

Michaela Grace was born on February 21, 2010 at 3:48 am.  She weighed 7 lbs., 7 oz., and was 19.25 inches long.  Kevin and I were very happy to suddenly have become a family of three.  Once we got home from the hospital we were very busy not only with a new daughter, but also with the move to our new home, which took place when Michaela was two weeks old.  Many friends and family members helped us a great deal, and once we were settled, mommy enjoyed 10 weeks of being home taking care of Michaela and unpacking boxes.



Mommy returned to work full time on May 20, and Michaela started daycare.  It is located where mommy works, so she is very close all day and I am very lucky to have that.  There have been a few rough days, but for the most part she has done very well and we are very happy with the quality of care she receives.  She will soon be moving to the one year old room, which I am told is a whole different world, so look out, Sweet Pea.

Michaela was strong and alert from the very beginning, and over the past year she has never ceased to amaze us with the things she can do.  She crawled at 5 months, pulled herself to her feet at 6 months, and right now (at 10 months) she is on her way to taking a few steps on her own. 

She has begun to develop her personality, which comes off to me as very adventerous, fearless, and sassy.  She is not afraid to do anything, like diving headfirst off the couch or pulling herself onto her feet in the slippery infant bathtub.  She keeps us very busy, which may be the reason I was never able to start this project. 

To our family and friends, please check back often to keep up to date on the adventures of Michaela!

No comments:

Post a Comment